Mon, Dec 04|
21 Day Master Plant Dieta with Maestra Manuela Mahua. Oct. 13th to Nov. 3rd
Enter into a traditional Shipibo dieta with one of the last female Onayas (wisdom keepers) of the Mahua lineage.
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2023, 11:38 AM – 11:53 AM
Pucallpa, Pucallpa, Peru
About the event
THIS RETREAT IS FULL.
Dieta with Manuela Mahua at her center outside of Pucallpa, Peru:
Kibi Kaya Healing is delighted to announce that we will offer a traditional Dieta with Maestra Manuela Mahua in the Fall of 2023 (Sept 28 - Nov 18th).
About Maestra Manueal Mahua:
Manuela Mahua comes from a long-standing and well-respected family lineage of Shipibo-Konibo healers from the upper and lower Ucayali regions of the Peruvian Amazon. Born in 1947, she began apprenticing with her father at age 13 and now has 60+ years of experience working with her ancestral medicine.
Today she heals and teaches, both Shipibo-Konibo and foreigners alike. She has a vast knowledge and understanding of the natural pharmacy of her land and is very open to sharing it with those who are willing to make the commitment to carry on the tradition.
Manuela is an altruistic, generous, and positive force. She cares deeply for all of her students and provides individual attention and care that only a great-grandmother can give. She embodies her given Shipibo-Konibo name Jakon Rate and truly is a Life-Giving Good Surprise for all who meet and learn with her!
What is a traditional Shipibo Dieta?
In Spanish, the word “dieta” literally means “diet.” However, in the lineage of the Shipibo tradition, "a plant dieta" refers to both dietary and behavioral conditions, as we consider everything that we ingest whether it be physically, emotionally, or spiritually to be a part of the "diet". This is a sacred time we create for ourselves. It is a period of isolation in which we abstain from everyday consumption and distraction in order to commune with the healing energy of the plants. Through this deep mutual transference of energy, we are purified and fortified in mind, body, and spirit.
During a master plant dieta, the knowledge of these benevolent teachers is transmitted to the "dietero" through prophetic dreams, visions, and the Icaros in the ceremony.
This ancient technology can help bring about deep personal shifts. A dieta is a special time to practice inner reflection, to cultivate stillness inside ourselves so that we can be receptive the subtleties of the messages and teachings of these plants and spirit have for us. This is a path of devotion, and it is through our sincerity to know ourselves and our divine purpose, that these gifts grow, slowly, over time. Just like the plants themselves.
A traditional plant dieta can be a profound and life-changing experience. The lessons from this journey will continue to echo their healing into your life for years to come.
This intimate connection with nature, and more specifically, with plant spirits, brings us back to our own divine knowing. It is the reattunement of our inner compass toward that which is sacred in all things. Through this symbiotic relationship with the plants, and our own connection to spirit, we learn how to heal ourselves. And, in time, we learn how to heal others.
- Personalized Master Plant Consultation & Dieta with Maestra Manuela Mahua
- Vomitivo treatments
- Purifying flower & vapor baths expertly prepared
- 9 ceremonies with Manuela Mahua. Supported by Robin & Alicia York & Marjo Sal
- Plant Pusanga (Perfume) Preparation with the group. Every participant receives their own bottle
- Jungle excursion to see the master trees and plants
- Four Group Integration Sessions
- Beginner & Intermediate/Advanced Shipibo chanting lessons taught by Robin. Lessons taught every other day (10 Lessons total)
Robin and Alicia will also offer spiritual teachings that have served as guide posts for their own healing and personal growth. These sessions, born from our extensive experience as facilitators, will support you in integrating the deep lessons from ceremony and your connection with the master plant you'll be dieting.
- Robin and Alicia will be available to offer personal consultations during your diet
- Robin will serve as a translator to help you to communicate with the Maestra
- Transportation to and from jungle center
- Accommodation in a private tambo that boasts an integrated shower and compostable toilet
- All food consumed during your dieta: breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared to dieta protocols
- Plants/trees available to diet are: Noyarao, Bobinsana or Chiricsanango
Special Discounted Scholarship Price: $3333 (we only have a limited number of these available, so please inquire directly)
To reserve your space please send a $700 deposit via PayPal to here: USE THIS LINK
Select "Goods and Services" for the transaction. Please write "Manuela retreat deposit for (and your name)" in the space provided. Then write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you make your deposit. Include your name.
We have a limited number of partial scholarships are available. Please inquire directly.
Flights not included.
- 90 days or more prior to the start of the retreat, you receive: Any money paid above the non-refundable deposit.
- 31-90 days prior to the start of the retreat, you receive: 50% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another retreat within 12 months, and Master Plant Retreats will forfeit the remainder.
- 0-30 days prior to the start of the retreat, no refunds or credits will be given.
To cancel, you must send an email stating that you wish to cancel to: email@example.com.
The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase trip insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for your trip.